Wrapped with a Bow! Easy nail designs with charm
Ok. So maybe some easy nail designs are not so… simple. Or at least, they do not appear to be at first. However, nail designs like these are so charming that we have to give it a try. Monica Avey paired this hand model’s nail design with the perfect piece of jewelry to create a perfect balance. The look in the photo stands out because it is so intricate, yet it remains subtle because of the colors used: white with and black with a splash of blue and a hint of glitter.
Image couretesy of Monica Avery on Flickr.
This flirty look is created by using a nail art brush to criss cross lines across the top of the nail and is finished with a bow. The bow is mostly black and has blue accents. Some silver defines the bow further.
Easy nail designs: Get the look!
1. Beneath all this radiance is your classic French nail manicure. You can give yourself a French manicure or have it done at the salon. If you like to get your nails done frequently, you may already have step 1 completed!
2. Hopefully you have a nail art brush: one in black and one in silver. The brush that comes with regular nail polish may be just too thick for this nail design. Using your black nail art brush, draw black lines that crisscross each other. Only draw these lines on the top half of your nail.
3. Next, draw two large black dots (using regular nail polish) right at the center of each nail. The two circles should touch each other.
4. Using a silver nail art brush, draw a silver dot in the middle of the black bow. Then draw two, small thin silver lines that extend from the bow on each side. This creates the illusion of depth and texture for the bow. Also, draw long, thin silver lines that represent the ribbon of the bow.
5. The final step is optional. Using a blue nail art brush, splash a lttle blue here and there by lightly outlining certain parts of the bow with blue. Do not outline the entire bow, just parts of it like the middle, one side of it, or the bottom.
6. This is a sophisticated easy nail design. Make sure to finish off the look with clear nail polish.