An Easy Nail Design: Marble Madness
Black and white are colors often used for nail designs. Black, if used in the right way, can look very chic and polished. White complements the look by not making it look so heavy. An easy nail design can be refined by the juxtaposition of both colors and by adding a hint of silver. The silver nail color has the ability to make your designs look stylish and expensive.
Image courtesy of Monica from Flickr.
At first glance, this easy nail design seems the same throughout. Upon closer inspection, we find that each fingernail is unique in its own way. The thumb has a marble pattern on the top half of the nail and is finished off with black. The index finger has a stripe of marble pattern on the top half of the nail and black nail polish can be seen at the bottom and very tip of the nail. The middle finger has a marble pattern on the bottom half of the nail. The ring finger also has a stripe of marble pattern, but not so close to the top of the nail as the index finger. Finally, the pinky has a marble nail design that splits right down the middle of the nail.
Get the look
1. This look requires the buildup of several layers. The first step is to paint all of your nails black.
2. Decide where you want to create your marble design. Do you want it on the top half of your nail or on the bottom? It may be easiest to use the photo as your guide. Draw a silver line to section off your marble design from the rest of the nail. You may have to retrace the silver line so that the glitter is more visible.
3. Using a white nail art brush, begin drawing small white dots to start off your marble pattern. If you have a muted silver or gray nail art brush, use that to make your next set of dots. The muted silver should be different from your silver glitter nail art brush. A muted silver (without glitter) will show up much better. Touch up your look by defining the remaining black globs underneath with a black nail art brush.
4. Draw a few silver dots here and there to make the marble design more polished.
5. Finish off this easy nail design with clear nail polish.